The 15th Annual Carolina Sports Medicine Battleship North Carolina Half Marathon is a beautiful and challenging USATF certified (NC-0651-PH) half marathon that starts and finishes at the Battleship North Carolina, crosses two bridges across the river from downtown Wilmington, runs through the Historic downtown area and tours beautiful Greenfield Lake before returning to the Battleship. At the 12-mile point you will reach the highest point on the course as you cross the Cape Fear River via the Memorial Bridge with views of downtown Wilmington, the State Port, and the Battleship. This course is no pushover but it can be a PR type of course if you are in shape and ready to run as demonstrated by the fact that (8) State Records have been set over the years on our half marathon course.
Race Features: REGISTER NOW!
- Custom designed Finisher Medals for all Half Marathon finishers.
- Dedicated 7:00 AM Walker start (4-hour time limit) Runner Start at 8:00 AM.
- Trysports Expo/ Packet Pickup: Coastline Conference Center November 3rd 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Military Awards Category (M/F Active Duty & Retired) in the Half Marathon
- All Entrants in both races receive a Free Ticket to Tour the Battleship
- First Time Half Marathoners receive a custom race number to commemorate your 1st 13.1-mile race
- Post race Party and awards ceremony in a park at the Battleship overlooking the Cape Fear River and downtown Wilmington with Exhibits, Vendors, free beer, pizza, and other good chow and drinks.
- Half Marathon shirts are very nice, long sleeved Zorrel blend tech shirts.
- River Taxis and Trolley Buses depart near the Hilton Hotel downtown on Water Street to transport runners to the race start at the Battleship on race morning - no charge. Trolleys also depart from the Municipal Parking Deck near the corner of 2nd Street and Chestnut Street. Fans and Spectators can ride race transportation after 8:00 am race day - no charge.
- Half Marathon 1st Place M/F Overall & Masters receive running shoes from New Balance of Wilmington
- Bag Check: Bags can be left in the auditorium at the Battleship on race monring. Enter the auditorium by going up the ramp next to the main entrance to the Battleship and entering through the single door. Pick a good spot on one of the tables that will be stacked for placing bags on. Do Not leave valuables in your bag.
- HARD COPY Entry Form available on request
There will be six Water Stops at approximately two-mile intervals manned by local fitness conscious businesses and individuals for you. Waterstops are worked by Omega Sports, UNCW Teaching Fellows, Trysports, the Boy Scouts of Wilmington, Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD) Emily Martin , Sigma Sigma Sigma of UNCWonderful, and individual volunteers. Bathrooms are available at the 5-mile mile point, 8.7 mile point, and the 10.5 mile point - look for the porta johns.
There is a M/F Active Duty awards category and a M/F Retired Military awards category in the Half Marathon only. Age group awards are 3-deep in 5-year intervals through 70 years of age.
Click here to view Overall and Individual Results!