Battleship - Home Page|
Battleship North Carolina
and Port Land Grille
Date: Sunday, November 2, 2014
8:00am - Half Marathon. 8:10am - 5K EST. Walker Start at 7:00 AM.
The 16th annual Battleship North Carolina Half Marathon and Port Land Grille Battleship 5K is a beautiful and challenging USATF certified (NC13063DF) half marathon that starts and finishes at the Battleship North Carolina across the river from downtown Wilmington, NC. Wilmington has a beautiful historic downtown area and it's 9 miles to Wrightsville Beach which is one of the prettiest beaches you'll ever visit. Entries will be limited to 2,000 runners in the Half Marathon and 400 in the 5K. The course is challenging for a coastal area race but has produced (8) North Carolina Half Marathon State Records in our 14 year history, including two records that are still unbroken as of December 2013.
- Awesome 3-bridge race course going through downtown Wilmington and touring Greenfield Lake
- Pre-race Dinner onboard the Battleship on the mess deck available Saturday evening
- Battleship themed custom Half Marathon Finisher Medals
- Every person in Both Races receives a Free Ticket to Tour the Battleship
- River Taxis and Trolley Buses transport runners to the Battleship on race morning - no charge.
- Dedicated 7:00 AM Walker run/walker start (4-hour time limit) Runner Start at 8:00 AM.
- Expo/ Packet Pickup Saturday, Nov 1st at the Coastline Conference Center Noon - 6:00 pm
- Military Awards Category (M/F Active Duty & Retired 3-deep) in the Half Marathon
- Port Land Grille Battleship 5K starts at 8:10. Custom made Port Land Grille Award Mugs.
- First Time Half Marathoners receive a custom race number to commemorate your 1st 13.1-mile race
- Post Race Party and Awards Ceremony at the Battleship in a beautiful park overlooking the Cape Fear River with hydration products, pizza, and other good chow and drinks.
- Half Marathon 1st Place M/F Overall and Masters receive running shoes from New Balance of Wilmington.
- 5K awards are 3-deep for M/F Overall, Masters and 5-year age groups through 70+.
- T-shirts are guaranteed if you register before October 20th
- Battleship Half Marathon is the 3rd leg of the 5 Star Race Productions 3-Race Series. Athletes who complete the 10K, 15K, Half Marathon series receive a custom Finisher Medal and will eligible for special prize drawings.
- 2013 we donated $10,000 to local quality non-profits such as the Battleship Restoration Fund, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training, Cape Fear Literacy Council, and others.
- Hard copy Entry Form available on request
The race is dedicated to the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces and to the men who served on the Battleship North Carolina "The Immortal Showboat".
Click Here for Course Map
View Overall and Individual Results
April 6, 2014 - Brunswick Forest Veterinary Hospital
Hound Hustle 10K, 5K & 1-mile Trot with Spot
September 28, 2014 - First Bank Oktoberfest 15K, 5K & 15K Walk or walk/run
3-Race Series- 10K, 15K and Half Marathon
Click Here to see our great New Website!
Battleship Half Marathon Title Sponsor:
The Title Sponsorship for our Half Marathon is open at this time (2/2/14) If you are interested in obtaining this unique opportunity for your business to be our Title Sponsor contact us asap. This opportunity won't last long.
Battleshp Race EXPO/Packet Pick Up Experience:
Saturday, November 1st noon - 6:00 pm at the Coastline Conference Center: The Battleship Race Expo/Packet Pickup will present a user friendly packet pickup and Expo experience for you. There will be some interesting vendors and exhibitors to see including our Half Marathon Title Sponsor Carolina Sports Medicine. They will give you the best possible advise on injury prevention or recovery. WuzWorthIt custom t-shirt folks will provide you with the opportunity to purchase some of their unique apparel. Team In Training will be there with info on their program and with running gear for you to buy to support TNT. Then budget some time in your weekend race experience to check out downtown Wilmington and the River Walk.
Battleship 5K Title Sponsor:
Port Land Grille is the Battleship 5K TITLE SPONSOR again for 2014!! They are located is Lumina Station near Wrightsville Beach and are the favorite restaurant for stars from Wilmington's Screen Gems studio. Port Land Grille is highly recommended and will give your taste buds a workout and get you ready to run a great race. Chef Owner Shawn Wellersdick will be running our half marathon and many of the staff will be running or volunteering on race day. Check out their "Progressive American regional cuisine masterfully executed by chef owner Shawn Wellersdick in a casual yet elegant coastal setting since November 2000". It is scrumptious! We are extremely proud to have the Premier Wilmington restaurant as Title Sponsor for the Port Land Grille Battleship 5K.
Age Limit: The age limit for the Half Marathon is 13 years old. Please do not register a child under 13.
Jog Strollers: We do not allow any type of jog strollers or Racing Chairs. We do this for the safety of all our race participants. Pacing runners on bicycles is not allowed.
River Taxi - TWO River Taxi Boats this year. Park free downtown or stay at the Hilton Hotel and take the River Taxis or Trolley buses to race start for free on race Day. Fans, spectators and family members MUST wait until after 8:00 am to take race transportation
NOTE: PARK FREE on Sunday in Metered Spots only. Also, we have partnered with the Cotton Exchange this year so you can park for free in their parking lot across the steet from the Hilton Hotel. Be sure to check out some of the Cotton Exchange shops and other attractions when you are downtown on Saturday at the Expo/packet pickup or on Sunday after the race. You MUST Pay in Municipal Parking Decks and lots 24/7 including Sunday. NOTE: If you park in any private Pay lot or pay deck, you MUST PAY. If you park in any PRIVATE deck or parking lot anytime on any day, you will DOUBTLESS BE TOWED so don't do it. Bubba charges over $200 to get your car back. Period....
Visit this Website for a list of all downtown parking. Click on the parking location for a list of businesses that are available from that parking area.
The Hilton Downtown Riverside as well as three other nice local hotels offer discount rooms to runners on race weekend. See the "Accommodations" page for more hotel features. Reserve early to ensure you get the discount race.
The Port Land Grille Battleship 5K is a fun out and back course that starts with you running south on Battleship Road down to the a turnaround underneath the Memorial Bridge, there you do a U-turn, run back past the Battleship Memorial, head out the access road, turn right and loop over and back across the Brunswick River bridge, and return to finish in front of the “Immortal Showboat.” It's a fun course with a little bit of a bite to it.
Race Photos available from Carolina Snap Shot after the race.
The race is presented by 5 Star Race Productions with indispensable help from the members of the local running community, staff of the Battleship North Carolina, our Awesome Sponsors, and the many great individual volunteers who make the race happen.
5 Star Race Productions